Monday, December 3, 2012

The little Italian stenciled cabinet that wasnt

 
 
 
We recently painted this cute little cabinet that I currently have for sale at The Red Apron.
 
When I got it, it looked like this.....
 

 
 
Yikes....she was an ugly little thing!
 
So we painted her, glazed her and I decided to add my "Italian stencil" to the front of her.
 
 
 


I loved how these chairs turned out so much....that a reuse of the stencil seemed in order.


I thought it turned out so well!!!!

So I showed off our little "Italian cabinet" on Facebook. 
 
And wrote this blog post about our amazing "Italian chairs".
 
And oh by the way..... I sold the amazing "Italian chairs" to an Italian family who I am close friends with.



And then.................... I got blog comment from a sweet blog follower who pointed out....... "your stencil is French".  WHAT??? No way!

So, I sheepishly texted the new owner of the chairs (who is thankfully a friend). And she confirmed that yes.....my stencil is French.  She just must not have had the heart to tell me.




So I tried to go back in time to Mrs. Fertig's French 1 and French II class....

And to my French field trip to Quebec, Canada. 

I really do remember a few French words....more than just the cuss words I swear!

But I don't remember any of these words.

Nonetheless, why did I think it was Italian????????

I should be hanging my non-bi-lingual head in shame.




And yet I'm not.  Cuz' it's still stinkin' cute.....in any language.

Thank you for not judging me on my litte faux pas.

See.... I still remember some French!





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails