Friday, September 18, 2009

Let's look at Ava's room again


I have been scrambling all week to get ready for a garage sale at my house... so haven't had time to post. So.... let's just look at Ava's room again.

This is one of the very first posts on my blog when like 2 people followed me. So I thought I would re-run the post. I never get tired of looking at her room.



Original post:
So I finally got to do a little girl's room in MY OWN HOME! My husband and I have 2 wonderful boys, but I yearned for a little girl. In November 2007, after 2 boys and 2 miscarriages, God gave me the desires of my heart and blessed us with our daughter, Ava Grace . Her room was my labor of love! It was published in the October issue of "Kansas City Home and Garden" magazine. Click on this link to read the article. You will have to type in "Jennifer Allwood" or "The Magic Brush" on their home page to get it to come up.

http://www.kchandg.com/kansas-city-home-garden/october-2008/fun-and-bathrooms/

I was really pleased with the green color we used on Ava's walls. It's a Sherwin Williams color called "Baize Green". We put it on both the ceiling and the walls in a flat paint and then did the polka dots in a shiny clear coat (the dots on the walls are hard to see in this photo, but they are there).

If you are looking for a good girl's room green, I would suggest "Baize Green", "Great Green" or "Shagreen" all by Sherwin Williams.

Ava's bathroom is painted in a soft melon color with hand-painted silver swirls and rhinestones glued to the wall. I did her vanity in cheetah print, argyle and a hodge-podge of other patterns to make it fun!








I hope you have enjoyed looking at Ava's room!

Many blessings,
Jennifer

12 comments:

Wanda said...

Oh my...it's a dream room that any little girl would love to live in. It's just beautiful!

Wanda (At Last...)

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

That is amazing! I remember seeing the bathroom, but somehow missed the bedroom. Fabulous, woman...you are just fabulous!

Sorry I have been MIA lately. Trying to finish my online course STILL.

Have a great weekend, and hope the yard sale goes well!

~Misti

Ruth Staalsen said...

Gorgeous. I've just recently found your blog and really enjoy seeing your talent. You are amazing and I want to be like you when I grow up.

decrenew.blogspot.com

KC Mom said...

Oh, I always enjoy looking at that room!

Miss Mustard Seed said...

That is a beautiful suite for your little girl. Lots of decorative artists get carried away and put painted designs everywhere! You do a great job of using it in the right place for the right impact. Thanks for sharing and I hope you made out at your yard sale.

Girly Stuff said...

I love her room! I think what always stands out to me is the bathroom vanity! I never realized you had trim on it too!

And now that I know what the frog is, it is even cooler!

Shauna said...

Seriously!!! I can not ever get enough of that room!! It is a work of art!!

Jami Nato said...

that is magazine material! that little princess is spoiled for sure...ha.

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Gorgeous! I wouldn't get tired of looking at that loveliness and true labor of love either.

santamaker said...

You did an awesome job here! Love the colors you chose and all of the beautiful details.. that baby picture with the ballet outfit under it is so pretty.

Mesha said...

WOW!

cara @ angelshoes said...

Awww this is such fun. Hope you are enjoying the turquoise spray paint. Be sure to share! Im sure it'll be wonderful. Thx for leaving a comment on Twice Lovely

Related Posts with Thumbnails